You may have noticed when you did a sync last night or this morning that your iTunes let you know there is a new version of the OS for your iPad. This update takes you from 3.2 to 3.2.1… which isn’t iOS4. So, depending on any issues you may have had, you may not actually notice anything different after installing the update. You wont be seeing folders, multitasking or quickstart features yet… those are still promised for later this year.
For us, we noticed a considerable improvement of WiFi access around the office. A WiFi ‘fix’ was on the list so we were happy.
The list provided by Apple:
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Addressed issues that causes video playback to freeze
- Added Bing to Safari’s search options
- Improved reliability involving the video-out using the iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
- Fixed an issue that stops the copy/paste of single-page PDFs in Mail
If iTunes doesn’t automatically let you know about the update. The next time you sync, tap the “Check For Update” button on the iPad screen in iTunes. Then, follow the on screen instructions.